Tax forms

Mail your MUD tax payment

If paying by mail, use the preprinted envelope included with your tax statement.

Mailing address for MUD tax payments:

PO Box 7829
The Woodlands, TX 77387-7829


2455 Lake Robbins
The Woodlands, TX 77380

Third-party payment solutions

To ensure proper credit: If you use third-party bill payment sites or your bank’s payment site for your water/sewer bills, you must set up an additional payee for your MUD tax bill, using the following payment address:

PO Box 7829
The Woodlands, TX 77387-7829


2455 Lake Robbins
The Woodlands, TX 77380

Historical tax rates   

MUD #20212020201920182017
1 0.070000 0.075000 0.075000 0.075000 0.080000
6 0.075000 0.080000 0.080000 0.070000 0.075000
7 0.115000 0.125000 0.125000 0.125000 0.164500
36 0.036013 0.035000 0.035000 0.035000 0.035000
39 0.300000 0.355000 0.355000 0.355000 0.355000
46 0.209740 0.209740 0.209740 0.212500 0.212500
47 0.209250 0.245000 0.245000 0.245000 0.245000
60 0.160000 0.165000 0.165000 0.165000 0.165000
67 0.155000 0.160000 0.160000 0.160000 0.217500
Metro 0.070000 0.090000 0.090000 0.090000 0.105000

Taxes FAQs

When are MUD tax statements mailed and due?

Municipal Utility District tax notices are mailed in October. Taxes are due upon receipt of the statement. Penalty and interest begin to accrue on February 1. Payments are posted according to postmark, so if a payment is mailed in late January, be sure to have the envelope postmarked by the postal service no later than January 31 to avoid penalties and interest.

What if the information (i.e. name, address, etc...) is wrong on my statement? How do I get this corrected?

Property owners are responsible for ensuring that the information on their tax statement is correct. Call the MUD tax dept. at 281-367-1271 if any information on the MUD tax statement is incorrect.

What if I receive a tax statement and my mortgage company escrows (pays) my taxes?

If a mortgage company pays your taxes and you receive the statement, write your loan number on the tax notice and send it to your mortgage company immediately.

What type of payment options do you accept?

We accept cash, checks, and money orders. We also accept credit cards online. A 3.2% convenience fee is charged to online credit card transactions.

How do I find out if I am eligible for exemptions?

Contact the Montgomery Central Appraisal District at 936-441-2186 for assistance with exemption qualification questions.

I sold my property but continue to receive MUD tax statements. How can I remove my name from this account?

Contact the Montgomery Central Appraisal District (number above) to make any changes to your account.

What if I did not receive a MUD tax statement and my account becomes delinquent? Will I have to pay penalties?

If you do not receive a tax statement before November 1 each year, contact the MUD tax office at 281-367-1271 . However, failure to receive a tax notice does not alter the validity of the tax, penalty, interest, the due date, the existence of a tax lien, or any procedure instituted to collect a tax (sec 31.01(g) Texas property tax code).

I recently purchased my home and the sale was handled through an attorney or title company, who collected taxes at closing. Why did I receive a tax statement?

Check your closing papers or contact the title company. It is possible that the title company may have collected from the seller and credited you at the time of closing which would mean that you, as the new buyer, are responsible for paying the tax when due.

The Woodlands Water Agency

The Woodlands Water Agency

2455 Lake Robbins Dr
The Woodlands TX 77380


For billing, customer service, new service and service disconnections:

For all other inquires:

Hours of Operation:
8:00am to 5:00pm Mon-Fri

For Emergency call

Receive important updates

SSL site seal - click to verify

Know Your Aquifer - Learn More